My daughter is 5 and has been asking for this doll (or in her words, "Barbie Artist") since her last birthday, so we went ahead and got it for her for Christmas. She was allowed to open in early because we have a family Christmas early in the month. She LOVES it, she's especially thrilled that Barbie "actually paints" (really just a water reveal). She likes the cute little cat and often has Barbie telling the kitty to "pose pretty." She is a pretty artistic kid and likes the idea of pretending to be an artist when she grows up. I will say that this toy has a lot of little pieces so I wouldn't buy it for a small child.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
Our daughter chose this and really likes the art easel "magic" and the Barbie. But be forewarned the box advertises this as one of the "I Can Be" Barbies that has a code inside the box, allowing the purchaser to go to the website and create and play in Barbie world. (Much like Webkinz but with her beloved Barbie.) After we purchased it and got it open, we could not find the code anywhere. I just contacted Mattel Customer Service and they apologized, saying the Art Teacher is not one of the I Can Be Barbies with a code and that the box materials were printed before final decisions were made. They were gracious about it and apologized but this is basically Bait and Switch on a little girl, which really disappointed us both. So buy the Barbie if the art teacher is all you want, but don't expect to find a code to her virtual world.
Best Deals for Barbie I Can Be Art Teacher Doll Playset
My daughter is a High School art teacher so we purchased this for her gift after her earning her masters degree. It was the hit of the party! Everyone really loved it as well as her students!
Honest reviews on Barbie I Can Be Art Teacher Doll Playset
My 5 year old granddaughter loves this barbie artist. She's only allowed to play with it when I'm around so it's on a high shelf. The reasons are simple: It requires a little water in its cup for Barbie to "paint", I don't want the necessary pieces (paintbrush, cat, vase, easel) to get lost with all the other barbie stuff in the playroom & I don't want her clothes to be taken off. The paintbrush, cat, vase & easel are essential to make this work. Put the darling "Blissa" cat on the table & it makes the easel flip to the cat picture. Put the vase on the table to flip to the flowers. Barbie's arm can be moved with a lever to make the painting motion. The little cup attaches to easel table that you fill with water. Put special paintbrush into water & "paint" the watered brush over the pictures to display the colors. Push the easel bar up to start over, & there will be a pink "page" that can be "painted" on with your own designs with water. The color from the water makes the page a darker pink. The pages will stay "painted" until they completely dry. Then it's back to clear again. Barbie's outfit is very smart & I'm glad I bought this toy & thought ahead to keep it out of reach until a child wants to play with it under my supervision. My 5 year old granddaughter is very careful with barbies but I just like to be sure all the pieces stay together. She doesn't mind though: she loves my watching her play & pretend paint. I think this is one of the cuter & more creative barbies, however only one child has been interested in it so far. Still, that's better than no one wanting to play. Art Teacher Barbie is played with almost everytime granddaughter visits (she remembers to ask me to bring it down from shelf) & she plays with it for about 30 minutes before moving on to playing with other barbies & things.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Barbie I Can Be Art Teacher Doll Playset
I don't understand why she is an art teacher and not an artist or painter? She doesn't have any items that relate to teaching art, ie students or a white board or really anything that looks like what I have as an art teacher. This is another example of girls being told they can't do something in a subtle way. I don't appreciate it and I say that as an artist, an art teacher, and a mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment