I have watched this doll's price jump higher and higher (in spite of more being available at amazon.com and other online sources recently); I even considered buying one when I saw it available for $40 with free super-saver shipping, but then I remembered: it is a doll that has a suggested retail of $14.99! I decided to wait and see if Deuce popped up down the road sometime. After all, SCALPERS will ONLY engage in the activity as long as it remains profitable, and WORTH THEIR TIME to do so! I choose to suck the wind right out of their sails, and I encourage readers to do the same.
I was walking through Target the other day, and decided to check the toy department, and to my shock, there was Deuce Gorgon available, and on sale for $11.99! They only had one, but I was happy to get him. Based on the dolls on the shelf, they only received one case of the Basic Scaris dolls, which means only one Deuce Gorgon. I do wish Mattel would just switch the way they ship doll cases to allow for equal distribution of dolls in each case. Instead of 6 per case (with four different dolls in the series), if they made larger cases, they could put 3 of each in the case. There has to be a better way, as it seems that each time they introduce a series of these dolls, the hardest to find dolls are the ones that only come one in a case. But enough about distribution, and buying practices, let's get on with the actual doll!
As far as Monster High Basic dolls go, Deuce is pretty cool! I actually like him a lot; he is almost identical to his original release with one BIG exception: the wrists. Mattel made Deuce with articulated wrists AND elbows, where previous versions had articulated elbows with the forearms, and hands being one piece. The new arm and hand molds allow for more possibilities when posing Deuce for display, or play. Deuce also has the iconic molded hair of snakes that we have all grown to love. The molded hair actually makes Deuce extremely easy to care for, and as a result, he is perfect for kids aged 6 and up (but I still think that 10 and up is most appropriate for any Monster High themed merchandise). Deuce comes dressed in argyle print shorts, and a sleeveless green hoodie that is fashionable, but not functional, as the hood does not fit over his head...but it still looks great! He also sports cool black slip on Keds style shoes with a killer green snake and skull design on the tops.
As with ANY Monster High doll, I would recommend Deuce for older kids, and adults because the dolls themselves can break if mishandled, or during rough play.
Overall, Deuce would make a great addition to any collection, whether it be for display, or play....as long as he is purchased at a fair price!
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I bought this for my little girl and we have many monster high dolls so I know looking for the hot ghoul is stressful. I went to a website called zoolert you pick the items you are looking for and a text message, email, or alert on the computer will sound when it is stock at normal price. This is how I got this toy from amazon without paying the high price for it, this did take some time though. I would get a text message run to the computer add it to cart and go to pay and it would already be out of stock, I did this 4 times in one day. I did not give up and it did work finally and now she will have a boy monster in time for Christmas. I hope this will help someone with this toy or any thing like. I also got my daughters furby sling bag and chair this way as well for normal price. *****Edit***** We got the doll in and it is great, he goes great with the other dolls and its nice to have another boy. His eye look like snake eyes, he does have a tattoo on his arm and his snakes on hid head did mark up the box on the inside, but his snakes were fine no paint missing. Only thing I will say is that his clothes are not as dressy as the other dolls from the Scaris line, (I knew that buying him that why i still gave him 5 stars) I will be trying to find him something nicer to wear for my daughter.Best Deals for Monster High Basic Travel Deuce Gorgon Doll
I left a very angry review on another Deuce posted on here, to the price gougers and consumers that waste your money and encourage them, it's very stupid no matter how desperate. It's a TOY. No TOY should be bought for nearly 60 dollars when he's 14.99 in stores MAX. To rub it in all you have to; All I HAD TO DO, was call a few local shops TRU for me (Toys R Us) and found out their truck schedules went to the store early and guess what? Got Deuce, $14.99 take that price gougers! People please just try harder at your stores HE IS THERE!!!!! CHEAP!Now as for the review of this wonderful addition,
He's durable, his limbs pop on and off flawlessly no factory errors, this boy I think is a first with MOVEABLE WRISTS! Stylish bag and glasses and of course cute snake/scale motif. No stand though or brush obviously as his hair is a plastic mold of the medusa like snakes. Overall he's a fantastic addition a must have BUT NEVER FOR A PENNY MORE THAN $20
No comments:
Post a Comment