List Price: $19.99
Sale Price: $14.39
Today's Bonus: 28% Off
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program My daughter loves Ariel so I was so excited to get this...what a disappointment! First of all, the upright piece that holds the swing hooks into the base does not stay in place and when you try to push Ariel in the swing, the whole piece spins around. Also, the pieces are made of very thin plastic and are low quality. Ariel is much smaller than the picture indicates. Her bra is literally glue with glitter on it, which chips off after a few uses!
The fish do squirt water but the "fountain" piece is inconsistent with squirting water; sometimes when you squeeze the purple shell to squirt water, nothing comes out and when it does, it sprays in every direction, getting water in the child's face and on the floor. The tubing that feeds water from the shell pump to the squirters is impossible to get all the water out of.
But the worst thing about this toy is that it doesn't stay floating on top of the water like it's supposed to for very long. If water goes up the slide, the base gets flooded and the whole thing sinks and falls apart! Don't buy this it's a waste of money and Ariel sure does end up under the sea at the bottom of the bath tub!
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
Don't waste your money this toy will "float" for about 30 seconds then tilt over then sink to the depths and take Ariel with! Very dissapointing water play toy. Save yourself the trouble and walk on by.....Best Deals for Disney Princess Ariel's Floating Fountain
So I took a plunge, having seen all the bad reviews here. My daughter really wanted to buy it. She had saved up her money for a long time and now she was ready to get it. Thanks to all the description for why it is not working I figured I could fix those issues easily. And here is what I did:1) Got expanding insulation foam
2) Sprayed the foam into the lower cavity after assembly.
3) Let it cure over night.
4) Trimmed off the excess foam that came out the surface holes. (In hind sight I should have payed attention to the foam label saying to only fill 50% of the void)
And that, I think, did the trick. It gave the fountain just enough added weight to float steady and straight in the water, and best of all, the foam prevented any water from accumulating in the fountain pan, despite the wild splashing of two kids in the bathtub. They had a really great time! I am glad I did not let the bad reviews deter me from having my daughter have her long sought after vision.
Overall, it is a five star toy, minus one star for having to apply the fix and wait a day, comes out to four stars.
Hope this is helpful for someone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment