I wanted to post a review because these dolls started to surface on the secondary market and I was unable to find any real information about the dolls. I bought one out of sheer curiosity. I have Hannah. She has green insert eyes (probably acrylic), applied eyelashes, feather brushed eyebrows. She is wigged. She has seven points of articulation (neck, shoulders, elbows, hips and knees). Apart from bending at the joints, there is also rotation for more natural posing. On her neck she is marked Alexander followed by C.
First, the doll has no neck. Her head sits on top of the torso on a very short stub. Her face is strange the nose is too wide, the ears appear huge. Her body is thick, arms appear even thicker and she can not share clothes with other 14" Alexander dolls. She fits perfectly in the clothes intended for the series My First Disney Princess doll. She fit into 14" Betsy McCall shoes. The wig is nothing spectacular, she takes size 8-9 and it is easy to replace it.
She looks like a fun doll, still finding clothes and accessories might present a problem.
As for the star ratings... Personally I dislike her proportions and my opinion is based on that. I find her to lack the sweetness of other Alexander dolls but the jointed body somewhat makes it up for that. I find the doll to be very durable as mine was played with and she went through a rough week at my house before I had the time to write that. Vinyl dolls are very hard to destroy. I would rate her as a 3.5 star product.
No comments:
Post a Comment